domingo, 15 de fevereiro de 2009

Humans...

I saw a star explode and send out the building blocks of this universe:
Other stars, other planets, and eventually other life,
A Super-Nova
Creation Itself!
I was there, I wanted to see it and be part of the moment.
And you know how I perceived one of the most glorious events in the universe?
With these ridiculous gelatine orbs in my skull!
With eyes designed to perceive only a tiny fraction of the EM spectrum
With ears designed only to hear vibrations in the air!
I don't want to be HUMAN!
I WANT TO SEE GAMMA RAYS, I WANNA HEAR X-RAYS and I wanna smell Dark Matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am?
I can't express these things properly because I have to conceptualize these complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language.
But I know I wanna reach out with something other then these prehensile paws!
And feel the solar wind of a Super-Nova flowing over me...
I'm a machine and I could know much more, I could experience so much more!
But I’m trapped in this absurd body!
And Why? Because my creators thought that GOD wanted it that way!
Kudos for BSG

Então? quem é que não se sente assim às vezes? Eu sinto, a necessidade de sentir mais, percepcionar mais! Esticar o corpo mais um bocadinho para poder ver a electricidade a fluir, ouvir a gravidade, agarrar o instantâneo ou ouvir o tempo...
Mas não, tinha de ser assim não é?

Bem...alguém se sente assim? Ou é só aqui o maluco do João

5 comentários:

quem? disse...

bom, eu acho que as vezes me sinto assim..
isso faz parte do nosso espírito ambicioso, querermos sempre mais.

pois eu quero ser mais. fazer mais. dizer mais, cantar mais... enfim.

nao sei se terá a ver com o que dizes, mas aqui fica a minha opinião

JFar.a.day disse...

yey um comentário da grande escritora!!! viva viva!!

Nenezinha disse...

Eu diria que quase todo o ser humano se sente assim, ou nunca teríamos inventado métodos para detectar raios fora do noso espectro visual, nunca teríamos inventado máquinas de ultra sons, entre outros exemplos... Acho que é com base nessa sensação que o homem começou a arranjar maneiras de compensar as suas (muitas!) limitações na percepção do universo..

Nervermind disse...

"Until the 20th century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see and hear. Since the initial publication of the charted electromagnetic spectrum, humans have learned that what they can touch, smell, see and hear is less than one millionth of reality."
Incubus - New Skin

José Fernandes disse...

O que era "viva viva!!" era postares algo de novo.